We've been to our first port, and are now on to the next. I don't have a lot of new info on the tech theatre end, as I've mostly just been shadowing and seeing how things run. But, I thought I share some other things that have come up.
1) Schedule for PSM: It's pretty much a 'make your own schedule' type job! There are places I need to be at certain times, but when I take breaks and when I actually start my day is completely up to me. I schedule all the AV guys, and then supervise, make sure things are getting done, and help where needed.
2) The View! Anywhere you go on this ship the view is incredible. Being in the middle of the water with no land for miles is wonderfully peaceful. And having the ability to watch the sunrise and set with absolutely no obstruction is incredible!
3) Interesting Tip #1: If you take a cruise and want to swim, do it between about 6:30-10:30pm. The pool is pretty much empty because everyone is at dinner, or has turned in for the night!
4) Crew Perks/Extra Perks: So the crew on board has crew activities...these are usually things that happen between 11:30pm-1am, when the guests are asleep, and everything is closed. Last night was Persian Garden...sauna/Turkish bath. And tonight was Solarium, the indoor 'adults only' pool and hot tubs. There are karaoke nights, and BBQs, and movie nights as well! As a Production Manager, I get some extra perks as well...I get to eat dinner (breakfast, and lunch on port days) at OceanView, it's a buffet style dining hall for guests. There are also sections that make the food to your liking, steak, fish and pasta! And an Ice Cream Bar!! Also, due to the fact that I supervise the lounges and the events that take place in them, there are very few guest areas that are off limits to me. And tonight, the main event was "Mamma Mia Mania" and I ended up on the dance floor for about 15 minutes, just cause!
5) The ports...I'm going out to my first one tomorrow in Nha Trang, Vietnam! I'm definitely excited to start exploring. There will be more on this later, I'm sure!!
Love to all!